Friday, October 15, 2010

31 for 21: Randomness

So, I have some random things I want to blog about.....

Last night, I chased and killed the most ginormous centipede in the world, in my living room.  OK, so maybe I'm being a little dramatic, but he was pretty big.  Here's what happened.  I put the girls to bed and went downstairs to feed Josiah.  I turned on the light and walked to the couch when I sat down I saw Mr. Biggie creeping down the path I was just walking.  Bwahhh, yuck!  So, I put Josiah down and grabbed my shoe and tried to smoosh him, but he was reseilent and ran around the living room, but I finally got him.  I left him on the floor until Dave got home, a little welcome home gift!  I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up and I wanted Dave to see his monster size.  Dave took a picture of it with my phone, but I can't email so I can text it to you if you'd like to see it, but it's a camera phone so it's kinda blurry.

A few months ago I found an almost dead scorpion in the living room.  Yeah, I'm ready to leave the desert.  I was a little squeamish so I got a big jug and put it on top of him, with a shoe on top.  He was on his back and looked dead, but when Dave got home he was upright and trying to find a way out.  His way out was into the toilet!  Oh, I can't handle these critters.   

My friend just told me that aside from it being National Down Syndrome Awareness Month it is also Celiac Disease Awareness Month, and it's Emma's birthday month.  It's a big month for Emma!  Well, in case you don't know Emma has Celiac which means she can't eat wheat/gluten.  If she eats it or her food touches anything wheat she gets the nastiest diarrhea and will become lethargic and just lay around, poor thing.  Randomly she'll get 'contaminated' and get diarrhea a few times, but she seems ok otherwise.  Back around Easter she got super sick all over again and was sick for about 2 weeks.  This was right when I went on bed rest, crazy times, anywho...  The hard thing was that I had no idea what she ate that made her so sick. 

On Tuesday night, Emma got into my purse, found a mini granola bar (which contains wheat), opened the wrapper (I didn't know she could open them), and just started eating it.  I was feeding Josiah and she comes walking in my room eating it.  I wanted to cry.  Immediately Abby and I put our hands on her and started praying that she wouldn't get sick.  I was so sad because she doesn't understand that when she eats certain foods they make her sick.  I kept praying God would give her grace.  He is good! He has totally answered that prayer.  She hasn't had diarrhea once since then.  It's just amazing.  One of the reasons I was so sad was because I've seen her in so much pain and so much diarrhea because of her Celiac and how long it takes her to recover.  I was thinking she would probably still be sick on her birthday.  Praise the Lord for his mercy on us.  Emma is her spunky, silly, happy, singing, and dancing self!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great blog - you should be on an exterminator reality show...Shoes & Jugs - That's how we trap them!!! I agree... I had to have a friend come over and kill a spider for me while I hung out on the counter once... eeewww! I am so excited for Emma that she didnt get sick...God is good and he took care of her! Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete