This month has just been so crazy. Dave usually works evenings, but for the past month or so he's been working days also. It started out as 2 days a week, but life happens and he ended up working a little more than that. He's been busy working on Episode 2 of 'The God Effect'. Have you watched it yet? You should. The kids keep me busy cleaning up, feeding them, going to play with friends, grocery shopping...(you get the picture)!
I've been taking an online photography class for the past 6 weeks to learn how to use my camera. There are so many buttons and numbers, that I just couldn't figure it out on my own. The class was amazing. I can now use my camera in manual mode and the pictures aren't blurry! Thank you, Candice Stringham. (She's my teacher.)
I've been trying to keep up with this blog and I've been researching all kinds of things about Down Syndrome and nutrition. It's a tab bit over whelming. Right now my brain is on overload with everything. I'll give you the scoop on the nurtitution stuff, but it's a lot so I'll need to figure out how to condense it down and do it when I'm not so tired.
My brain is also preoccupied with Emma going to school. I can't believe she's only 3 and going to school! I keep thinking about what she'll learn, what her teacher will be like, if she'll like riding the bus, my brain just won't stop. I'm also so overwhelmed by God's goodness and His grace. Emma has been doing so well, compared to 'typical' kids she's way behind, but I think she is doing amazing. During her IEP meeting they have to determine if she's eligible for special education. They make that judgement by seeing if she qualifies because she has a development delay or if she has mental retardation (MR) (ah, that word I despise) Anyway, she basically is delayed in all the areas they tested her in, but at this point she isn't eligible for other services through the state because she isn't considered MR. I have to be honest, I was surprised because I expected her to be MR because it's pretty typical in the DS population. This could change over time. (I'll explain this a little more when I post about nutrition.)
I'm so overwhelmed with joy right now and pretty much speechless before the Lord. So many continue to pray for her and her development, so if you are one of those prayer warriors, thank you for your faithfulness. This month has been a lot about rejoicing in the things I'm seeing all around about DS: like other people who adopt several children through Reece's Rainbow, people who devote their lives to providing therapy and teaching kids with DS. I really had no idea how much doing the '31 for 21 Challenge' would affect me. I was trying to show other people how our life with DS is, but God ended up blessing me through it. Who knew? Well, I guess He did!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment