Thursday, October 21, 2010

31 for 21: Music To My Ears

The girls both said 'Dada' first, that's no surprise because most kids say Daddy first.  I knew that language would be one of Emma's biggest obstacles so I knew I had to be patient for her to say 'Mama'.  She would say the 'm' sound so I would always say 'Mama' to her ALL the time.  I think I just kept doing it without realizing I was saying it.  No matter how much I said to to her she wouldn't say Mama.  Awhile back she finally said Mama, but then wouldn't say it again, much like her big sister did.  I don't know maybe Abigail had a chat with her and told her not to say it either :)  Anyway, she would say it every once in awhile, but it was rare.  Well, for the last 2 months or so she says it all the time.  I love it!  She'll call me from her room, 'Mama, Mama'.  She usually says it twice which is extra cute.

Emma used to do this really cute thing when she got out of the tub and I would put the towel around her she would always say 'Daddy' but she would drag it out and say 'Daddeeeeee'.  It was probably the cutest thing she has ever done.  Well, this past week she started saying 'Mommy' and it is music to my ears.  I love hearing her say it.  Lately, she's been doing better with repeating words.  Whenever she wants something she always 'Me'.  Then I was changing her diaper and she kept saying 'poops'.  She has started saying 'Allie' and 'Pooh Bear'.  Her favorite word is 'SweetPea'.  She loves SweetPea Beauty, one of the new VeggieTales movies, so she always asks to watch it.  I know her speech will take awhile, but I am enjoying hearing Mommy for now.

Here are some pictures from the other day.  It was pouring down rain and the wash next to our house looked like a river.



No comments:

Post a Comment