Monday, October 3, 2011

31 for 21: Loving Where God Leads

Today I am loving where God has lead us.  I love our new small town.  It is the cutest little town with the nicest people.  Everyone has been so friendly and finding a babysitter has been super easy.  Emma was sick the week before last and two neighbors called to volunteer to pick up Abby from the bus for me, I couldn't see that happening if we were still in Vegas.  I have never lived in a small town like this so adjusting to planning ahead for shopping in Vegas is still kind of hard, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

A few weeks ago two ladies stopped by with cookies to introduce themselves.  They both have daughters with Down Syndrome and wanted to meet Emma.  One of the girls is 6 and the other is 2.  They both live in the neighborhood right around the corner from us.  What are the chances of that?  I am so excited for Emma to have friends that are like her.  Today we met at the park so the girls could play and we could have a chance to talk about our little angels.  It's nice to have someone to talk to who has been in my shoes, and to be able to encourage someone with a girl younger than Emma.   I love how God works!  This was something that was important to me and God just placed these other 2 families right by us.  Thanks, God!

Here are some random pictures because I just can't blog without pictures!
These kiddos can't get enough of playing in the water.
Emma enjoys following our new pup around and feeding her grass. 
The girls got Josiah a bunch of toys and then put him on the futon to play.  It was so sweet.
Dave bought the kids this water slide for their 'housewarming' gift.  It was a big hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment