I saw this story a few weeks ago that just encouraged me. Have a look....
I just love that the kids at her school treat her with respect and treat her the same as they do other students. It's so amazing that the other girls who were nominated for homecoming queen told everyone to vote for her. Most high school girls are not that selfless. My friend that I just met here that has a girl with DS, said she feels like our community is like this. They are supportive and understanding. My greatest fear for Emma is the way other people treat her. I want to protect her and make sure that no one hurts her. I pray that she will be loved and accepted, that people will look past her label of Down Syndrome and see her for the person she is on the inside.
I love this little girl. I can't give those cute smooth checks enough kisses. She is so beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment