Tuesday, October 4, 2011

31 for 21: A Heavy Heart

Today I'm just having a hard time focusing on blogging about DS.  I have a heavy heart for a few different people I know that are going through some tough times.  There is so much that I don't understand about this life.  I don't understand the pain and suffering that so many people go through, people who love God and serve Him.  I know God can use anything that we go through and in the end we look back and can see Him every step of the way, but today my heart hurts for some friends.

One thing don't understand is cancer.  I just don't know how to get my brain around it.  My heart is heavy for  some friends who are going through this journey with their 2 year old daughter.  This family has been through this journey before 10 years ago with their oldest daughter.  She wasn't expected to beat the cancer, but she has been cancer free for 9 years.  It's a miracle that she's here still.  My heart aches so much for them, knowing that they have to do this all over again.  I wish I could do something for them.

My friend who has been married for forever and is a sweetheart who works hard at everything she does is facing divorce because her husband wants the single life.  Really, how can you just walk away from your wife and kids?  This is something that has always baffled me.  How you can adore someone and promise to take care of them forever and then you just change your mind and pick a new life.  The one thing I know and I do understand is that God is good, when life stinks, He is there, when we can't handle it, He is there.  I really don't know how people can face life, especially these tough situations without Him.  I just want everyone to know about the love and peace that only He can give.  I wish I could give them a little glimpse into the life He wants to give them.

There is a song by Lincoln Brewster that I love, it's called 'The Power of Your Name'.  It's a great song.  I love it because it talks about some of the things in life that are hard and how that's not what God wants for us, but there's hope because God has a better place for us after this and we can make a difference to people that are hurting now.  I thought I'd share it with you.  I found a video someone made on YouTube.  I hope you like it.  Thanks for letting me vent today.  If you could pray for my friends too I know they would appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment