Friday, January 14, 2011

'Boss Your Heart'

Learning about Reece's Rainbow has blessed me in so many ways.  I wrote about RR back in October during Down Syndrome Awareness Month.  It is an amazing ministry that helps families adopt children internationally with DS.  On their website you can look at pictures of kids that need families.  There are about 300 kiddos on their that need a family.  I look at the pictures and there are seriously a dozen kids that I can see that could be part of our family.  They are so sweet and remind me of Emma so I just want to bring them all home.  Trust me, I've tried to figure out how to!

One of the things that I love is that the website tells you the story of the families that have committed to a child and you can follow their journey of adoption by reading their blog.  I have read several of these blogs and 'met' some amazing women that have such a strong faith in the Lord.  I am so encouraged by their words.  As they openly share their journey and all the struggles that come along with the adoption process, but also all of the miracles that God provides along the way.  

Through one of the blogs I've been following I came across the 'Boss Your Heart' Bible Challenge.  The woman who writes this blog just amazes me.  The challenge came out of a situation that I can't imagine going through.  They adopted a little girl with a heart defect.  About 6 months after she came home to them she had to undergo open heart surgery. A month later she went to be with Jesus.  During the time their daughter was in the hospital she continued to blog and share about the things that God was doing in her life despite the horrible situation.  You can read her story and about the Bible Challenge on her blog.


http://allarepreciousinhissight.blogspot.com/

I am joining her in bossing my heart this year.  I want to continue to remember scripture and let it guide my day, not my feelings or failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment