Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Last Day!

I can't believe Dave comes home tomorrow. It really has gone by fast this time. Having my Mom come and then going to Phx for a few days helped break things up. This is the third summer he has gone to Atlanta and surprisingly this trip was the best. I was a little nervous about him going this year because of three kiddos now, but it well pretty well. There were no major meltdowns and they were able to see him on Skype which I think is why it goes faster. I have been going non-stop since he left, but I still feel pretty good. I am looking forward to slowing down starting tomorrow! (Check out my last blog entry to see all I've been up to.)

So, here's a story of a little girl who never stops. She is definitely 2 years old and is into absolutely everything in the house. Yesterday while I showered she put lotion all over my laptop, luckily it was closed!

My sister-in-laws and niece and nephews were coming over to swim today so Abby and I were in the bathroom putting on sunblock. Emma comes in with my phone and goes into the closet and closes the door. After we were done I went to the closet to get Emma to put sunblock on her, but the door was locked. She just learned how to lock and unlock the door. So, I tell her to unlock it, but she can't. The lock has a regular key lock on it, which we don't have a key for. She has my phone in there, which is our only phone because we don't have a house phone. I ask her to slide the phone under the door and she does! I call Dave and give him the low down and he tells me to get something to beat the door handle with. He tells me to try a big book from the bookshelf, but it didn't work. So, he tells me to run to the garage to get a hammer, by this time Dave's mom, sister, my niece, and nephew arrive. So we're all in the bathroom watching me beat the door knob over and over again until it finally comes off. Then I figure out how to turn the mechanism on the inside and little Emma is free!!! Aahh, never a dull moment!

I took this picture at my sister-in-law's house this week. Emma was playing in Maddy's room and couldn't reach something. She went into the bathroom and got the stool so she could get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment