Thursday, April 8, 2010

What a Week

So, things have been a little crazy the past week. It all started last Wednesday when Emma got the infamous diarrhea. Not to give too many details on a gross subject, but when she has eaten wheat/gluten she has a certain kind of diarrhea. So Wednesday night she had a little. Then Thursday, Friday, Saturday...you get the picture. This is the first time she has eaten something wheat since Thanksgiving. So it jacked her up pretty bad. That's the thing about Celiac's...the longer they go between ingesting it the worse their reaction is. This time it was obvious that she ate something. The only problem is I have no idea what she got. The rest of us still eat wheat, but we are super careful and clean everything afterwards. The only thing I can think of is that something was dropped on the floor and she picked it up and ate it. By Easter Sunday she was in bad shape and we didn't even do our Easter baskets because she wasn't up for it. So, we will be celebrating Easter by having an egg hunt at our house in the next few days.

Then Friday Abby kept complaining of a tummy ache and got sick that night.

Saturday night I started cramping a little and feeling like Josiah was trying to get my attention!

Monday morning I went to the doctor and she said that I have to be on bed rest because he is trying to escape! I'm 34 weeks and the 'safe' time is 36 weeks, so I'm on some meds to make sure I don't have contractions and I'm laying in bed. Fun, fun!

In the meantime, Dave starts to feel yucky in the stomach and intestinal area, but is trying to stay strong for us girls, but ends up in the hospital on Wednesday with severe intestinal pain and dehydration. First they say food poisoning then they say there is a blockage in his intestine. So, he spends the night in the hospital and the girls and I spend the night at his parents' house. Today he got out of the hospital, and is doing much better. He even went to work tonight.

So, there is an update on the Huwe household. Please keep us in your prayers. Especially Dave's parents. I'm sure they are exhausted. I don't know what we would've done without them.

1 comment:

  1. oh, danielle, i will definitely be praying for you guys!!! hang in there =)
    i love the name you guys chose for josiah!

    ReplyDelete