
Dave and I both love the story of King Josiah in the Bible. He became king when he was 8 years old. The nation of Israel had turned away from the Lord. While he was king the Book of the Law was found. Josiah brought the people of his kingdom together and read the Law to them and he and the people established a new covenant with the Lord to obey his commands. Then he went through the kingdom and tore down all the idols and altars. He went crazy making things right. It was pretty cool. We've loved the story and the character of Josiah. That is our prayer for our Josiah. That he would be a man of God that will do what's right, regardless of what others are doing. His middle name is for his Daddy. Dave was named after King David in the Bible, the Bible says that he was 'a man after God's own heart.' That's who Dave is and I pray that that is who Josiah David is.
Well, as I type this little Josiah is trying to make an early appearance. My doctor has put me on bed rest. We're trying to keep him in there for 2 weeks. Please pray for all of us. I can't do anything so Grandma & Grandpa Huwe are helping Dave out quite a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment