He was having a hard time nursing. When he was two weeks old we found out he was 'tongue tied', which meant he had to get the skin under his tongue cut so he could stick out his tongue. He got that procedure done at about 3 weeks old. I nursed him for about 2 weeks and went back to the lactation consultant to find out that he had lost weight and was barely eating because he was still learning how to use his tongue. So, we made the decision to put him on formula. It was a sad decision because I wanted to nurse him, but it was best for him and the whole family. It's two weeks later and he is finally getting some meat on his bones.
We took the girls for a little 'hike' to the old railroad tunnels by Lake Mead. Josiah spent some time with Grandma Huwe.
Abby had her 4th birthday! We got her a pool.
She had a Disney Princess party.
Dave had his 30 Something birthday.
We got him a BluRay Player that he's been wanting for forever.
Josiah was his other present!
Can Josiah look anymore like Dave??? I love it!
ReplyDeleteI had to stop nursing Jason really early too because I wasn't prducing any milk. It was hard, but you're right it was better for him and he started gaining weight with formula.
I found that buying formula on Ebay was super cheap... sounds weird, but it saved us a lot of $.
Sure wish we lived closer!!!