The Body of Christ is an amazing thing. I love to hear and witness stories about how God does miracles when the body of Christ works together. Back in January, I watched one of those miracles about someone I'd never met. On a blog I follow I heard about a boy who was 16 and was going to be adopted, but at the last minute the family backed out. This happened just weeks before he was going to turn 16. In Lativa, they are kicked out of the orphanage when they turn16. People started posting his story on their blogs and asking people to pray for a family to step forward for him. Someone even started fundraising to make it easier for the family to adopt him. Within just a few days a family stepped forward to adopt him. They were already in the process of adopting another boy from the same area and they felt like they were to be his forever family also. I've been following their blog and last week they traveled to Lativa to adopt him! I just love to see God's miracles!
There a is another little guy from Russia that needs a miracle. This little one is about 5 years old and has Down Syndrome. His name is Kirill. The family that wants to adopt him just had their court date in Russia and their adoption was denied. The judge said they had a good family and they could adopt another 'typical' child, but they could not adopt Kirill because he is 'not socially adaptable' and that he would be better of in an institution than in a home with a family. I am heartbroken after reading this story. In other countries children with special needs are hidden away in institutions and are not loved. I am furious and angry and sad all for this family that I have never met. Let's pray fervently for Kirill and this family and be the body that God has called us to be. I'd love to see another miracle!
You can read Kirill's story here.
No comments:
Post a Comment